Monday, August 22, 2011

SPHO Camping Trip - August 13/14 - Bainbridge, Ohio

My horse club, SPHO of Ohio, sponsored an event (with the help of New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program) at Lazy H Cabins in Bainbridge, Ohio. We had lovely air conditioned cabins, and horse stalls (although we picketed our horses b/c the stalls were full!) and walking distance to Paint Creek State Park.

I went with Haylie, Jason, Colette & Rob (and Austin of course!). We rode Saturday and Sunday over 35 miles! Most of the trails were pretty flat and mild - but there were a lot of open spaces to RUN and both of my horses cantered! I even got Falco to canter in the arena when we got back! For those of you that don't know standardbreds, that's a big deal because they don't usually know how (or like to) canter!

It was a great weekend, and I'm sure a place we will return!












No comments: